Application for a Mauritius passport in replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged passport
In order to avoid misuse of any lost or stolen passport, the following procedures should be strictly followed.
- Any passport lost or stolen should be immediately reported to a Police Station in the area it was lost / stolen.
- Declarant shall be issued with a ”Declaration of Lost / Stolen Certificate”, which he/she should submit to the Passport Office on application for a new passport.
Documents to be produced:-
- Application Form ( PF136) duly filled and signed by applicant and parents/Guardian (where applicable);
- Birth Certificate of applicant;
- Birth Certificate of parents (where applicable);
- Mauritius National Identity Card of applicant;
- Mauritius National Identity Card of parents (where applicable);
- Marriage Certificate of applicant (where applicable);
- Marriage Certificate of parents (where applicable);
- Divorce Decree of applicant (where applicable);
- Certificate of Foreign Citizenship or Residence Permit Abroad of applicant (where applicable);
- Certificate of Foreign Citizenship or Residence Permit of parent(s) (where applicable);
- Certificate of Mauritius Citizenship of parent(s) (where applicable);
- Certificate of Mauritius Citizenship in case applicant acquired nationality through Registration / Naturalization / Adoption (where applicable);
- Two (2) recent identical photos (passport size) of applicant taken against a light background. For more details regarding standard of photo, click here;
- Certificate from Police in case of loss/stolen passport;
- A letter to give a brief report of how, where and when the passport was lost/stolen/damaged;
- The original Police report for the lost passport should include reference, signature and seal/stamp of the Police Station
)or a report made by the Embassy or High Commission of Mauritius;
- Additional documents as applicable
Where a passport, during its period of validity:-
- Is declared stolen, lost or damaged, or;
- Is found to be unusable due to tampering.
The following fees are applicable on application for a new Passport:-
- On First lost / damage : Rs 5000
- On Second lost /damage : Rs 15000
- On every subsequent loss : An additional and cumulative fee of Rs 15000
NOTE Any lost or stolen valid passport which has been reported lost or stolen should not be used for travelling unless authorized by the Passport and Immigration Office.