Need for Passport to Enter/Leave Mauritius
Any person entering or leaving Mauritius shall produce to the Passport Officer a valid passport issued to him by or on behalf of the Government of a country of which such person is a national or citizen, or some other Government document intended for travel and establishing the nationality or citizenship and identity of such person to the satisfaction of the Passport Officer.
A passport issued by any of the following governments is not recognized to be a valid travel document to enter Mauritius:-
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
- Holders of unrecognized passports, Stateless, Refugees and holders of Travel Documents should apply and obtain an Entry Visa before undertaking any travel to Mauritius except Taiwan Passport holders who may be granted sixty days visa on arrival.
Every person entering Mauritius shall
- Hold a Passport or any other recognized travel document, which is valid beyond the intended period of stay;
- Hold a valid return passage ticket to travel back to his/her country of origin or residence;
- Be eligible to re-enter his/her country of origin or residence;
- Have adequate funds to meet the cost of his/her stay;
- Have a confirmed hotel booking or sponsorship for accommodation;
- Not engage in any gainful activity without a valid residence permit;
Foreigner travelling to Mauritius for Residence / Work, should be in possession of a valid entry residence permit
Merchant Seamen travelling on duty must be in possession of a valid Passport / Seaman’s Book either in English or French language.
- Seaman arriving by air to board a ship in Mauritius do not require a visa, provided that a Letter of Guarantee from the local Shipping Company is produced.
- Seaman arriving by ship to board an aircraft in Mauritius do not require a visa