APPLICATION FOR PRACTICAL TRAINING/INDUSTRIAL PLACEMENT/INTERNSHIP
The application for Residence Permit should be made to the Passport and Immigration Office by the sponsoring receiving institution/enterprise in Mauritius on behalf of the foreigner or by the foreigner himself/herself.
Original Documents to be submitted for Practical Training/Industrial Placement/Internship
- Application Form to Enter Mauritius duly filled in and signed by the applicant;
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant;
- Photocopy of the bio-data pages of his/her passport valid beyond the period of stay;
- Documentary evidence of acceptance/admission to follow practical training course or undergo industrial placement or internship within well known and reputed local firms/companies in sectors such as textile, banking, hotel, consulting firms, professional bodies, etc. as part of the requirements of a course of study in an educational abroad or as required by Head Office of a company based abroad;
- Details of duration of the practical training/industrial placement/ internship and confirmation by the accepting local firm/company that the placement/training is a full-time one. The period of training/ placement/internship should be for maximum duration of six (6) months;
- Documentary evidence from the foreign educational or training establishment or enterprise to the effect that the training to be followed in Mauritius forms part of a course of study being followed by the applicants or is a requirement to enhance the skills and experience of the trainee.
- A tripartite agreement involving the trainee, the educational institution or enterprise abroad, and the receiving organisation in Mauritius duly signed by all parties and bearing the seal of the institution and the receiving organisation;
- Documentary evidence of availability of funds or financial capacity to meet the cost of stay in Mauritius, a recent Bank Statement for period of 6 months, letter of sponsorship from parents or guardian, copy of ID or passport of parents or guardian;
- Accommodation letter (proof of address in Mauritius and Copy of ID of tenant);
- A medical certificate certifying that the applicant is not suffering from any contagious or infectious disease. A test for HIV, Hepatitis B and a Chest X-ray carried out in his/her country of origin.